Saturday 14 May 2011

Beautiful Britain

It's been quite a while since my last post (I apologize) so I'm going to make a real effort to start updating this blog on a weekly basis.


A few days ago I returned the Canadian Rockies to spend another year photographing in the mountains. When I left Banff back in September to return to Wales, I was worried that I wouldn't get a chance to see any incredible wildlife or scenery for a while. For so long I had been comparing Canada and the Rockies to Britain and the thought of returning home was not a happy one.

After spending seven months back in the UK, I have finally realized its true beauty. British wildlife might not be as exotic as the bears, wolves and cougars that roam these mountains, but we do have some wonderful creatures on our little island. The wildlife is a lot harder to find and photograph, but our scenery can rival anywhere in the world.

The following is a selection of photographs that I took whilst I was home. This is beautiful Britain...

(click on an image to enlarge)

Bluebell woodland - Cardiff, Wales
Fallow deer sunrise - Port Talbot, Wales
Red fox vixen - Cardiff, Wales
Starling flock - Pembrokeshire, Wales
Fishing heron - Cardiff, Wales
Curlew flock sunset - Rhossili Bay, Wales
White water - Pembrokeshire, Wales
Bluebell woodland - Cardiff, Wales
Oystercatcher feeding - Pembrokeshire, Wales
Gower sunset - Rhossili Bay, Wales
Enchanted forest - Aberfan, Wales
Cormorant flight - Cardiff, Wales
Aberfforest waterfall - Pembrokeshire, Wales
Monk Nash - Nash Point, Wales
Bluebell woodland - Cardiff, Wales

To see more of my work, don't forget to visit my website at www.toothandclawphotography.com

You can also follow me on twitter and facebook.

Facebook - Cai Priestley Photography

Twitter - Cai Priestley


All photographs are available to purchase. Please send me a message via my website if you have any questions.

Thank you for reading,

Cai

No comments:

Post a Comment