Sunday 3 April 2011

Jasper In June

Spring is here so I thought I'd write a post about one of my favourite photography trips.

Last year I spent the whole month of June photographing wildlife in the Canadian Rockies. I hired a driver for the entire month and we spent everyday except for a few on the road looking for critters. Some of the areas we covered were quite remote so we slept in the back of the car each night. These places included Banff and Jasper National Park as well as Kananaskis.

I hadn't spent much time in Jasper prior to this, so I decided to spend most of the month in the park to see what all the fuss was about.

During this time I managed to photograph wolves, bear cubs (both black and grizzly), moose, mountain goat, porcupine and even a newborn lynx kitten.

Here are a few of my favourites...


Black bear cub - Jasper National Park, Alberta, Canada
Lynx mother with newborn kitten - Jasper National Park, Alberta, Canada
Loon with chick - Jasper National Park, Alberta, Canada
Red fox - Jasper National Park, Alberta, Canada
Medicine Lake - Jasper National Park, Alberta, Canada
Black bear cub - Jasper National Park, Alberta, Canada
Mule deer - Jasper National Park, Alberta, Canada
Mountain goat with kid - Jasper National Park, Alberta, Canada
Black bear - Jasper National Park, Alberta, Canada
Porcupine - Jasper National Park, Alberta

I'm hoping to return to Jasper this June to see if I can find some of the same animals that I photographed last year. Hopefully the luck I had then will be with me this spring too.


If you have any questions, you can message me via the contact sheet on my website.

Thank you for reading,

Cai

No comments:

Post a Comment